DVSC is a small team with big ambitions.
Volunteers are at the heart of DVSC’s mission and need to be at the heart of what we do. We are looking for #DenbighshireVolunteers willing to volunteer a few hours, a day or a few days a week to help promote the work of the Centre, our activities and the third sector more generally at a variety of events across the county.
• Experience of working with the public, including older people.
• Good interpersonal skills, including tact, sensitivity, empathy and confidentiality.
• Able to work on own initiative, under supervision and as part of a team.
• Ability to keep simple records
• Driving licence and access to use own transport or access to a means of mobility.
• Ability to speak Welsh would be beneficial.
• To offer a different way for people to find out what help might be available or what they can contribute in their community to support their health and wellbeing.
Aim of role:
• To provide a link between Health and Social Care, the citizen, their family and carers, and sources of support within the community and third sector
• To promote the work of DVSC and other volunteering organisations working across Denbighshire
• Attend local Talking Points sessions to engage with community members about the work of DVSC and volunteering opportunities across the county
• To offer a different way for people to find out what help might be available or what they can contribute in their community to support their health and wellbeing
• Be a part of a small, highly motivated team
• All out of pocket expenses reimbursed
• Get more involved in your local community events
• Access to training sessions