Message from Helen Wilkinson, DVSC Chief Executive
National Volunteers Week
National Volunteers Week is an annual national campaign which runs from 1-7 June. This year Volunteers Week has been extended nationally until 12 June. As part of our contribution to this national campaign, DVSC will be hosting a number of events and activities in partnership with our members and partners. The attached flyer includes all the details.
Our activities will culminate in our own #DenbighshireVolunteers Big Celebration event on June 12 in our Volunteer Centre at Naylor Leyland Centre from 1.30-3.30pm.
Please confirm your interest in attending this Celebration event with Damon Jones, our Membership and Business Support Administrator on 01824 702 441 or email@example.com. Where possible, please bring volunteers or potential volunteers along to this event.
If you are not able to attend one of our events, you can still be involved. We will be running a social media campaign through Facebook and twitter, @DVSC_Wales to promote Volunteers Week and to do a Social media Shout out for all those #DenbighshireVolunteers who have made a difference in the last 12 months. So please take part in this campaign.
There are a number of ways in which you can contribute directly to this social media campaign.
- You can share information about our events and activities as widely as possible through social media, your contacts and your website
- You can send us information about your events and activities and we will share your information through our networks, social media and websites.
- You can share your own volunteering story on our new website, or you can share your story about how the work of volunteers benefits your group, organisation or society for the better – http://denbighshirevolunteers.net/shareyourstory
- You can also spread the word and encourage people who have volunteered that you know to share their stories on our website, http://denbighshirevolunteers.net/your-stories/.
- And finally, if there are volunteers who have made a real difference to your voluntary and community group or organisation over the last year you can nominate them for a Celebratory Shout out by emailing – firstname.lastname@example.org providing name, contact details, and why (in no more than 250 words) their voluntary efforts deserve to be celebrated. If you have a photograph of them to share all the better or you can fill in the form on our website here – http://denbighshirevolunteers.net/share-your-story/
Our social media campaign celebrating the work of #DenbighshireVolunteers will run from June 1 to June 12, culminating in a celebratory networking event at our Volunteer Centre offices on 12 June where we hope volunteers, voluntary and community groups, third sector and volunteer involving organisations will join us in a networking and celebratory event. Refreshments will be provided.
DVSC will also be taking part in two UK wide Twitter parties on 1 June, 12:30-13:30 and then another on 5 June, 14:30-15:30. During these times, organisations across the United Kingdom will be tweeting to say thank you to their volunteers using #volunteersweek, so please celebrate your own volunteering and inspire others by taking photos of yourself using the Volunteer Week banner (attached with this email) using the hashtag #ivolunteer to tell everyone why you volunteer.
So please do join us in celebrating #DenbighshireVolunteers in whichever way you can and if you have an idea or a suggestion for how we can raise the profile of volunteers, and volunteering in Denbighshire during this period (and beyond) do let us know.
Diolch yn fawr