Our Forum is Friendly Organised Respected Useful Membership-led.
Membership of the Forum is FREE.
Membership gives you a voice.
Membership puts you in contact with other parents and carers.
Membership will keep you informed.
What We Do:
- Enable people with a Learning Disability and their families, friends, carers and voluntary organisations, to share their views and concerns about local services.
- Provide information and advice to members on local and national Learning Disability issues.
- Help to influence the way services are planned and delivered.
- Support effective consultation with statutory service providers.
How We Do It:
- Offering free membership to everyone with a Learning Disability who lives in Denbighshire.
- Offering free membership to their families, friends and carers and to relevant voluntary organisations operating in Denbighshire.
- Making a wide range of information and advice about Learning Disability matters available to all our members.
- Working with statutory and voluntary organisations for the benefit of people with a Learning Disability and their parents and carers.
- Providing a voice for all our members to secure choices in the availability of care, accommodation, education, leisure and work opportunities and to secure suitable access to health care.