Age Connect – COLDBUSTERS
This Cold Buster project is specifically aimed at older people who are in ‘Fuel Poverty’ and living in cold homes. Our Project Workers/Advisors assist households with older people by providing a holistic approach to fuel poverty and the effects this has on health and wellbeing.
This holistic approach includes:
• Home Energy Efficiency Audit, and a ‘Cold Buster Plan’ that would be tailored for each individual, based on their particular set of needs and circumstances
• Utility tariff analysis followed by supplier and/or tariff switching
• Ensuring the client is receiving all available benefit entitlements
• Falls prevention advice/assessment
• Fire Safety Checks checks
• Practical health interventions such as encouraging nutritional eating and flu vaccination
Whenever appropriate we will also signpost to other organisations such as NEST, Care and Repair and various Age Connects community based projects.
Volunteering can develop new skills, increase confidence, self-esteem and well-being, and is a great way to help form new friendships. You may want to give something back to your local community, gain valuable work experience, or maybe just want to be more socially and physically active.
Age Connects North Wales Central invites volunteers to be involved in its charitable work. Examples include providing 10 week activity programmes in care homes, counselling, general administration, providing energy advice, tariff swaps and help with welfare benefit claims.
We would like to create a Friends of Age Connects this year with a focus on community events and fundraising.